Savvy counsel at each stage of the continuum
Manatt's venture capital group brings a high level of experience to transactional representations. We have advised players on both sides of the table at every stage of the investment process—from seed money and start-up funding, through Series A, working capital and mezzanine rounds, and bridge financing prior to going public.
When your company or investment fund brings Manatt into a deal, you are getting boutique service backed by the resources of a leading full-service national law firm and the strategic perspective that comes only from decades of experience nurturing businesses in your industry. We can help you build stability into your business model by advising you on which rights to keep and which to release in order to attract the start-up and growth capital you need.
Who we work with
We focus on representing emerging companies in the technology, entertainment and media, and healthcare industries, and maintain close working relationships with the venture capital funds, investment banks and strategic corporate and individual investors that finance companies in these sectors.
What we do
- Fund formation and representation
- Equity financing using venture, angel and strategic investor capital
- Initial public offerings and secondary public offerings
- Debt financing
- Intellectual property licensing and other commercial agreements
- Joint ventures and strategic partnerships
- Employment and equity compensation matters
- ERISA and tax issues
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions