Text messaging can be an effective method for debt collection, but before you deploy your collection teams, make sure your processes are compliant. Manatt has created an accessible checklist to inform your text messaging practices in the area of debt collection.
Our new Compliance Checklist covers:
- Obtaining prior express consent before sending informational text messages
- The importance of honoring opt-out requests from customers
- Mechanics for sending informational text messages
- Determining when the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) applies
- The “dos and don’ts” of FDCPA compliance
To download the Compliance Checklist for Debt Collection Using Text Messaging, click here.
If you have any questions after reviewing the Checklist, please reach out to the authors for additional guidance.
And if you enjoyed this resource, don’t miss our TCPA Quick Reference Guide, which contains easy-to-read flow charts that guide you to the right decisions regarding TCPA consent rules for both residential landlines and mobile phones. View the Guide here.