In a recent webinar for Bloomberg BNA, Manatt revealed how government and private payers are implementing alternative payment models (APMs) and analyzed the fraud and abuse, antitrust and other legal implications around value-based contracting between hospitals and physicians.
The program gives you the opportunity to:
- Understand the types of payment models and their growth across Medicare, state Medicaid programs and the private sector.
- Find out how states are building APMs into Medicaid payment methodologies and how private payers are adopting APMs.
- Learn how the Medicare and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) of 2015 will increase incentives for provider participation in APMs.
- Examine how the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) and Gainsharing Civil Monetary Penalty Law are implicated by value-based contracting arrangements between hospitals and physicians.
- Discover which exceptions, safe harbors and waivers can potentially protect these arrangements.
- Explore how collaborations between hospitals and physicians implicate antitrust laws.
- Discuss structuring and compliance strategies for mitigating legal risks.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.