Since the beginning of the Biden Administration, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has announced its intention to significantly increase its enforcement activity and expand its reach through aggressive interpretations of its authority to prohibit unfair, deceptive and abusive practices and the promulgation of new regulations. The CFPB is seeking to regulate entities not previously understood to be under its jurisdiction, to hold company board members and management accountable and to impose remediation obligations more similar to a prudential authority than a marketplace regulator.
In this webinar, Manatt Consumer Financial Services professionals will discuss these developments and strategies for avoiding and responding to CFPB enforcement and other activities. Topics will include, among other things:
- Naming of executives and board members in enforcement proceedings
- Use of the “bully pulpit” to force changes to lawful business practices
- A new focus on antitrust and competition issues
- The impact of recent changes to enforcement procedures
Our panel will include:
- Jan Lynn Owen, Moderator, Senior Advisor and former Commissioner of the California Department of Business Oversight (now known as the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation)
- Bryan Schneider, Partner and former Associate Director for Supervision, Enforcement, and Fair Lending at CFPB
- Scott M. Pearson, Partner and Leader, Manatt Consumer Financial Services
- Joseph J. Reilly, Partner, Manatt Consumer Financial Services
This program is open only to Manatt clients and participants in the financial services industry.
Date and Time
Thursday, April 28
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. ET
10:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. PT
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.