Discover Where SDOH Stands in the Era of COVID-19—Including What the Pandemic Is Teaching Us and Where We Go From Here—at a New Manatt Webinar.
Long before COVID-19, evidence was mounting that social determinants of health (SDOH)—the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age—have a significant impact on health outcomes and healthcare costs. The pandemic has now put a glaring spotlight on the connection between SDOH and health—and the disproportionate impact that COVID-19 has had on low-income people and communities of color. At the same time, the events of recent weeks have led to new conversations across the country, focused on race and health disparities.
In a new webinar series, Manatt Health will focus on these developments and the questions they raise. How is the pandemic highlighting the impact of racial and social inequities on health—and the need for healthcare and social services integration? How are changes at the federal level and new steps that states are taking creating opportunities to support that integration—and what historic and new barriers are challenging the push for change? How can we turn the current crisis into an opportunity to create positive, lasting change?
A new Manatt webinar, the first in our SDOH and COVID-19 series, will consider these questions. Key topics include:
- The pre-COVID-19 status of SDOH efforts—including findings from Manatt’s new 50-state SDOH survey on how state Medicaid programs have required or incentivized managed care organizations to identify and address unmet social needs
- How the pandemic has impacted progress toward integrating healthcare and social services and changed how we think about “whole person” care
- The effects of racial inequities on health—which COVID-19 is laying bare—and the role of the healthcare sector in responding
- Examples of COVID-19-related federal funding opportunities and emerging changes to states’ Medicaid and social services policies and programs that showcase the value of SDOH and support its integration into the healthcare system
- Lessons we’re learning in real time—including the types of policies, practices and partnerships COVID-19 triggered that may last beyond the pandemic
Even if you can’t make our live session on July 7, click here to view the session on demand. And watch for more information on the second program in our series with a dynamic discussion among state, county and community-based organization (CBO) leaders on SDOH in the era of COVID-19 and racial and health disparities.
Cindy Mann, Partner, Manatt Health
Naomi Newman, Director, Manatt Health
Dr. Toyin Ajayi, Chief Health Officer for CityBlock
Date and Time
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
For regular updates on the major challenges companies are facing, please visit our COVID-19 resources page, and subscribe for timely updates in your inbox here.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.