Healthcare continues to be one of the key factors driving voters’ decisions in the upcoming elections. With the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the COVID-19 pandemic still raging and the Supreme Court set to hear oral arguments about the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) just days after the election, those critical issues are converging to put healthcare center stage in the 2020 elections.
The outcomes of both federal and state races will have a profound impact on healthcare policies and priorities for years to come, including the crucial question of how our nation responds to COVID-19. In a new two-part webinar series, Manatt Health shares a pre-election analysis of key races and transition activities, followed by a post-election recap of the results and their impact.
Part 1: What Will the 2020 Elections Mean for Healthcare?
Take an updated look at the major state and federal races, where they stand—and what the implications are for healthcare policies and programs. The session will:
- Examine how presidential, congressional and state election results will set the stage for health policy changes likely to advance over the next several years.
- Analyze the ways COVID-19 is remapping the healthcare landscape and reshaping the agenda for federal and state health policymakers.
- Share key insights into transition activities and possible legislative actions through reconciliation.
- Consider the role of the courts, particularly in light of California v. Texas—the lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the ACA that’s headed for the Supreme Court
Part 2: The Impact of the 2020 Elections on Healthcare: Preparing for the Future.
Get a recap of the outcomes of major races across the country, explore the implications for healthcare stakeholders and learn how you can prepare your organization for what lies ahead. The session will:
- Provide an update on the current state of play and recap election results at the federal level and in key races across the country.
- Analyze how the election outcomes will impact state and federal healthcare policy, including our response to COVID-19.
- Explore how the results will set the stage for changes in healthcare programs and priorities for years to come—and the tools the administration will have at its disposal to advance its goals
- Explain how healthcare stakeholders can guide their organizations for success in a post-election healthcare environment.
P.S. Did you miss our recent webinar comparing the policies of the presidential candidates on key healthcare issues, including COVID-19, health equity and prescription drug pricing?
Joel Ario, Managing Director, Manatt Health
Melinda Dutton, Partner, Manatt Health
Allison Orris, Counsel, Manatt Health
Ian Spatz, Senior Advisor, Manatt Health
Part 1: Pre-Election Analysis
What Will the 2020 Elections Mean for Healthcare?
Wednesday, October 28
Part 2: Post-Election Analysis
The Impact of the 2020 Elections on Healthcare: Preparing for the Future
Tuesday, November 17
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.