Healthcare is among the top three industries being targeted for Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) litigation. Discover how you can protect your organization at a new Manatt webinar for Bloomberg BNA. The program will provide an in-depth look at the TCPA and how it applies to healthcare communications, as well as approaches for mitigating your chances of facing litigation. It also will clarify the ambiguities at the intersection of the TCPA and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and help you evaluate the risks surrounding common healthcare messages.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the TCPA’s purpose, terminology and potential damages—as well as consent requirements and what triggers them.
- Explore TCPA litigation trends, including recent settlements.
- Learn what is and is not an autodialer.
- Determine how to distinguish between informational and marketing calls.
- Discover what “prior express consent” really means—and how you can satisfy the Federal Communications Commission standard.
- Gain insights into the TCPA’s healthcare message exemptions, the types of calls covered and the kinds of consent required for different message categories.
- Identify which healthcare-related messages are covered by the TCPA exemptions and learn what is and is not marketing under HIPAA.
- Find out how the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules regulate how healthcare stakeholders use and disclose protected health information (PHI)—and how the disconnect between HIPAA and TCPA terminology creates compliance challenges.
- Identify best practices for mitigating TCPA litigation risk.
Christine M. Reilly, Partner, Chair, TCPA Compliance and Class Action Defense
Randi Seigel, Partner, Manatt Health
Date and Time
This webinar was held on September 26, 2018
CLE is available for this program.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.