New Manatt webinar explores the opioid epidemic from the legal, policy and clinical perspectives. As the crisis of addiction accelerates, experts project that opioids could kill nearly half a million Americans over the next decade.
Already, close to 100 people a day die from opioids.1
How did the crisis begin? Where are we now? And what can we do going forward? In a new webinar for Bloomberg BNA, Manatt reveals the answers, examining the opioid crisis from the diverse viewpoints of its affected stakeholders, including victims and their families, first responders and law enforcement agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, states and cities, and public and private payers. Topics covered include:
- The genesis and drivers of the opioid crisis from multiple vantage points
- Short- and long-term strategies that cities, states and the federal government are using to address the crisis through litigation, enforcement and regulation
- The actions both the public and private sectors are taking to combat the crisis
- Opioid-related civil and criminal cases brought by cities and counties, state attorneys general, and the Department of Justice
- The ways False Claims Act theories used in other pharma cases may be applied in opioid cases moving forward
- The innovative solutions emerging across the full range of stakeholders, including pharmaceutical companies, government payer programs and private insurers
- The next steps for cities and states in terms of policies, education, community engagement, treatment options and more
- A look ahead at what the future holds for law enforcement, from the increasing use of data analytics to new theories of liability
- Next steps to change laws, regulations and treatment protocols to ameliorate the crisis
1STAT Forecast, June 27, 2017
Joel Ario, Managing Director, Manatt Health
Richard Hartunian, Partner, Corporate Investigations and White Collar Defense
Jocelyn Guyer, Managing Director, Manatt Health
Jacqueline Wolff, Partner, Co-chair, Corporate Investigations and White Collar Defense and Co-chair, False Claims Act Practice
Sandy W. Robinson, Managing Director, Manatt Health
Date and Time:
Thursday, April 12
Noon–1:30 p.m. ET
CLE is available for this program.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.