Manatt partner Alan Brunswick will be speaking at the Practising Law Institute’s CLE Program: Counseling Clients in the Entertainment Industry on March 15-17, 2010 in New York. Mr. Brunswick will present on the Union & Guild Issues panel.
Topics for the Television, Video & User-Generated Content panel will include:
- An overview of the television and video marketplace
- Acquisition of underlying rights
- Option agreements
- Life story rights
- Structuring the acquisition of rights (licenses, assignments, and works made for hire)
- Production, financing and distribution agreements
- Co-productions and joint ventures
- Cable and pay television productions
- Talent agreements
- Special issues in reality TV productions
- Advertising and product placement
- Music rights for television productions
- Key issues involving user-generated content
Topics for the Union & Guild Issues: Can’t We All Just Get Along panel will include:
- Are the recent Hollywood labor wars over?
- What was accomplished by the WGA strike, the SAG contract impasse and the resulting contracts?
- What issues remain to be resolved?
- Do the Guilds’ internal politics impact the industry?
PLI’s Counseling Clients in the Entertainment Industry 2010 seminar will offer an overview of Entertainment Law issues, one full hour of Ethics credit, and a cocktail reception sponsored by SESAC.
For more information, click here.