Manatt announced today that Chambers USA has named 11 practices and 24 firm lawyers among its 2014 list of leading lawyers for business in the United States.
Each year since 1990, Chambers USA has identified and ranked law firms and lawyers on several factors and considerations investigated by a team of more than 140 full-time researchers. Law firm practices are ranked on the qualities of their lawyers, as well as the practice's effectiveness and capability as a whole - its strength and depth. Individual lawyers are ranked on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, their ability, their effectiveness, and their client-service.
Manatt's complete practice rankings include:
Beyond the practice rankings, 24 of the firm's lawyers received a total of 27 designations. Linda Goldstein (National Advertising) was honored for the third year in a row with a "Star Individual" recognition, the publication's highest distinction, given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field.
William Bernstein (New York Healthcare), Daniel Higgins (California Healthcare) and Martin Thompson (California Healthcare) received Band 1 designations. Helen Pfister (New York Healthcare) was recognized as an "Up and Coming" leading lawyer, and Thomas Morrison (National Advertising Litigation) was recognized as a "Senior Statesman."
- Robert D. Belfort - Healthcare (New York)
- William S. Bernstein - Healthcare (National and New York)
- Lindsay Conner - Media & Entertainment (California)
- Jeffrey J. Davidson - Environment (District of Columbia)
- Jeffrey S. Edelstein - Advertising: Transactional (National)
- Steven Edwards - Real Estate (California)
- Gene R. Elerding - Financial Services Regulation (National)
- Linda A. Goldstein - Advertising: Transactional (National)
- Daniel B. Higgins - Healthcare (National and California)
- Susan K. Hori - Real Estate: Land Use & Zoning (California)
- David Huard - Energy & Natural Resources (California)
- Robert A. Jacobs - Media & Entertainment (California)
- Barry S. Landsberg - Healthcare (California)
- James W. Lytle - Healthcare (New York)
- Thomas C. Morrison - Advertising: Litigation (National)
- Peter Olberg - Healthcare (New York)
- Helen R. Pfister - Healthcare (New York)
- Lee Phillips - Media & Entertainment (California)
- Gregory N. Pimstone - Healthcare (California)
- Marc Roth - Advertising: Transactional (National)
- James R. Schwartz - Healthcare (National and California)
- Martin J. Thompson - Healthcare (California)
- Rebecca Torrey - Labor & Employment (California)
- James G. Votaw - Environment (District of Columbia)
In addition, Barbara Polsky (National Financial Services Regulation) and David Grinberg and Richard Maire (Southern California Corporate/M&A) have been identified by Chambers USA as "Recognized Practitioners."