1st Century Bank in connection with:
- Its public offering of common stock of $35.2 million.
- Its $30 million sale of common stock.
- Bank Holding Company reorganization and listing on NASDAQ.
- The defense of a hostile proxy contest.
American River Bankshares in connection with its $135 million stock merger with Bank of Marin Bancorp
B. Riley & Co. as placement agent in an offering of up to $35 million of convertible preferred stock of BofI Holdings, Inc., the parent of Bank of Internet USA.
Belvedere Capital Partners in its investment in a troubled portfolio company and the liquidation and distribution of its other portfolio investments.
California Physicians’ Service d/b/a Blue Shield of California in connection with $1.3 billion cash acquisition of Care 1st Health Plan, Inc.
Cathay General Bancorp in connection with an at-the-market public offering of 3,490,000 shares of common stock.
Central Pacific Financial, Inc., in a successful $425 million non-negotiated, cash and stock takeover by CPF of CB Bancshares, Honolulu, Hawaii.
East West Bancorp in connection with:
- The $260 million ownership transfer of the nation’s largest Chinese-American bank within six weeks.
- A $97 million public stock offering.
- The $10.4 billion acquisition of United Commercial Bank.
- The $143 million acquisition of Desert Community Bank.
- A private investment in public equity of common stock for $30 million.
- The public offering of 200,000 shares of 8% non-cumulative perpetual convertible preferred stock, Series A.
- A $76 million offering of common stock.
- The $268 million acquisition of Texas-based MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc., the holding company for MetroBank, N.A., and Metro United Bank.
Encino State Bank in its $33 million acquisition by Boston Private Financial Holdings.
Evergreen Financial Holdings, LLC, in its $13 million investment in Golden Coast Bank.
FBR Capital Markets & Co. as underwriters’ counsel in connection with:
- A $300 million initial public offering for People’s Choice Bank.
- The $96 million initial public offering of HomeStreet, Inc., the parent holding company for HomeStreet Bank, a 90-year-old savings bank based in Seattle, Washington.
First Community Bancorp as the issuer in a $60 million Rule 144A private placement of trust preferred securities.
Hanmi Financial Corporation in connection with a combined $120 million registered direct and underwritten rights offering.
Manhattan Bancorp and Bank of Manhattan in their merger with Professional Business Bank to create a combined bank with assets of more than $406 million. Manhattan Bancorp, the parent of Bank of Manhattan, is the surviving holding company, while shareholders of Professional Business Bank’s CGB Holdings will own more than half of the combined entity.
Nano Financial Holdings, Inc. in connection with
- organization of private special purpose acquisition corporation and placement of $61 million of Class A Common Stock.
- acquisition of Commercil Bank of Temecula Valley, in a $23 million cash and stock transaction
Pacific Capital Bancorp in connection with a successful recapitalization transaction involving a $500 million investment by a subsidiary of Ford Financial Fund, L.P., a debt tender offer for approximately $188 million in trust preferred securities and subordinated debt, and the exchange of $180.6 million of preferred stock issued by Pacific Capital to the United States Treasury Department pursuant to the TARP Capital Purchase Program.
Placer Sierra Bancshares in its $645 million acquisition by Wells Fargo.
Preferred Bank in its $150 million underwritten offering of its 3.75% subordinated debentures.
Special Committee of Board of Directors of Pacific Union Bank in connection with a $300 million cash and stock acquisition by Hanmi Financial.