The healthcare M&A market continues to be among the most active sectors. In 2016, there were 939 healthcare industry deals in the U.S. with an aggregate value of approximately $71.7 billion.
How will policies and goals of the new administration likely impact healthcare M&A trends? How will changes in the regulatory landscape affect M&A across all healthcare stakeholder segments? What can you expect to see in terms of antitrust regulation and enforcement? Manatt addresses these and other key questions in a new webinar for Bloomberg BNA.
The session will:
- Share an up-to-the-minute look at the status of ACA repeal and replace/repair efforts in Congress and the Executive Branch—and the implications of various scenarios on the healthcare sector.
- Analyze the conflicting policy goals and political dynamics driving the debate around the ACA.
- Review the changing landscape, critical issues and key takeaways for payer transactions in the wake of the failed insurance mega-mergers.
- Examine hospital M&A and antitrust trends, including how the current climate might affect hospital transactions.
- Explore the issues around forming and operating Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
- Reveal the latest trends in state-action antitrust immunity for healthcare transactions.
- Anticipate how healthcare antitrust enforcement may change with a new administration.
- Present an update on regulatory and private antitrust activity in pharmaceutical pricing and pay-for-delay settlements.